Personal Data Sheet for: William C. Morelock
Who: Nancy C. Carden b.1822 - see note 2
When: 15 Jan. 1842
Where: Monroe County, Tn
Date: 1 Sept. 1864
Place: Monroe County, Tn
Military Service Information: Co. F, 3rd (Lillards) MI, served as a captain, major,
LTC, Colonel. Commanded unit while it was called the 3rd Tennessee Cavalry.
Church Affiliation: Unknown
Children (list information):
1. Margaret Ann (f) b. 1843 Monroe County, Tennessee
2. Samuel I. (m) b. 1844 Monroe Co.,Tn
m. Sarah Jane Martin
military: Pvt Co. F, 3rd Tennessee (Lillards) Mounted Infantry
3. Nellie Caroline (f) b.1846 Monroe County, Tennessee - see note 1
4. Robert L. (m) b. 4 March 1847 Monroe County, Tennessee
m1. Dialpha Baker** 1869 Cherokee Co., Ga - she died 22 Jan 1890
Children: James, Alice, John, Edgar, Emmett, Lou, Eula, Berta, Carl,
Pearl, Madge and Ollie.
m2. Sarah E. Johnson 7 Oct 1900 Cherokee Co., AL
d. 13 Apr 1924 Cherokee Co., AL
5. John J. (m) b.1849 Monroe County, Tennessee
m. Dianah Baker**
children (in 1880):Willie (m) b.1872 AL, Ida (f) .1874 GA,
Ernest (m) b.1876 TN, Robert (m) b.1879 GA
6. William J. (m) b. 1852 Monroe County, Tennessee
7. George W. (m) b. 1853 Monroe County, Tennessee
8. Isaac Ln. (m) b. 1856 Monroe County, Tennessee - see note 1
9. LaFayette (f) see note 1
10. Hetty Ann (f) see note 1
** Dianah and Dialpha were daughters of Hiram S. Baker and Arminda Payton.
Hiram served with Co.A, 18th Ga. Inf., he died 3 Oct 1862 of Typhoid Fever at
General Hospital N0. 21 in Richmond,Va. He is buried at Oakwood Cemetery, Row F,
grave 54, Division B.
note 1 - some disagreement exists on these names.
note 2 - daughter of Larkin Carden and Elizabeth Sentell
Email Greg Shields